7. Hill, G. E. 1989. Late spring arrival and dull nuptial plumage: Aggression avoidance by yearling males? Animal Behaviour 37:665-673.
6. Hill, G. E. and D. E. Carr. 1989. Statistical inference from color-banding data. Auk 517-518.
5. Hill, G. E. 1988. The function of delayed plumage maturation in male Black-headed Grosbeaks. Auk 105:1-10.
4. Hill, G. E. 1988. Age, plumage brightness, territory quality, and reproductive success in the Black-headed Grosbeak. Condor 90:379-388.
3. Hill, G. E. 1987. Aging and Sexing Black-headed Grosbeaks in alternate plumage. Journal of Field Ornithology 58:311-317.
2. Hill, G. E. 1986. The function of distress calls given by tufted titmice (Parus bicolor). Animal Behaviour 34:590-598.
1. Hill, G. E. 1986. Severe aggression between female Black-headed Grosbeaks.Wilson Bulletin 98:486-488.